Olivia's Story

A year ago was when we transferred 2 little embabies. They were so beautiful! The process was not easy. Let me start from the beginning.




I started working for a company shortly after moving here to Utah back in 2015. After already being hired, we got on the subject of Anna and how she is adopted. My co-worker then proceeds to tell me that our insurance actually covers infertility treatments. WHAT!? One of the biggest reasons why we decided to jump into adoption and not do infertility treatments is because of the cost. With adoption, we felt more people would be more willing to help financially then to help with infertility treatments. We decided to look more into the process and found a doctor that we met with the end of 2015. We did not start the journey until the beginning of 2016. Through some testing, we did finally find out that my AMH levels were very low, like .1. With knowing this, we decided to try injections. The first round got us pregnant, but sadly we lost the baby at 6 weeks. We tried again, but that cycle did not result in anything. After a short break, and much discussion, we decided to try IVF. We started the meds mid August. During the whole time, my body was only growing 2 follicles. My doctor wanted to keep going regardless of the numbers because they were still growing. Then on 9/2/16 we did retrieval. I was so nervous and even cried on the table because of the risks involved with this whole thing. I have done so much reading and hearing about how people get 10 eggs but only 4 make it, or something similar. I was so nervous because here we only had 2! 2! What if they weren't strong enough? What if they weren't mature enough? What if they didn't fertilize? What if they didn't make? So many "what ifs" that left me anxious, unsure, slightly hopeful. You name it, I was most likely feeling it. We did lots and lots of praying during this whole process. 

After the procedure was done, and I was waking up (thank God I was able to be under for that), the doctor came in and said that they were able to get both eggs. I was so happy to hear this news! We prayed that night (and for many nights after) that the eggs would fertilize and we could continue with transfer in 3 days. 

The next day, 9/3/16, we got the call from my doctor directly that both eggs fertilized and we were on schedule for transfer on 9/5/16. We were so excited and beyond words. Monday rolled around, which was labor day, and we prepared for the transfer. I was not put under for this procedure, and I was happy not to be. We actually got to watch the eggs be transferred to my uterus. When the procedure was done, my doctor actually prayed with us that all would be good and safe. Now, we wait...the longest wait of my life it felt like too.

Steve's birthday is 9/16, and that year I decided to test a little early. On 9/14 I tested with a digital test sometime in the afternoon. I decided to use this test that I randomly purchased because I heard it was sensitive enough to pick up the HCG levels in the urine before I was suppose to start my period. I was 3 days away from starting so I was quite shocked when I came back and saw that it actually said, "Pregnant". What!? That can't be right! A few days later I had a blood test done that confirmed that we were officially pregnant. Although still cautious, we were excited.



The pregnancy went smoothly until around week 12 when I started passing major clots and were bleeding. We had an ultrasound to verify everything was ok, and there was baby, happy and healthy. 




Come to find out I had a sub chronic hemorrhage. After that, all was smooth sailing with no other hiccups along the way. On May 25, 2017, my water broke in the middle of Johnny Rockets (ha! yeah fun times), and on May 26, 2017 Olivia joined our family.




Though the road was long and tiring, it was well worth it indeed. Though I was scared during the whole process, God knew what he was doing. We are so thankful for Anna and Olivia and how they came to be apart of this family. My heart has never felt so full. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amazed and Blessed

Fundraising

Surprising News