Amazed and Blessed

Wow, where to even begin!?  This weekend we did our garage sale, and wow what a great experience as we had signs EVERYWHERE to let people know that all funding was going towards our adoption.  We were asked several questions about what we were doing and why.  Great way to tell our story.  Yesterday a guy came over, stepped into the garage and said, "Well, I don't need anything, but I want to help towards this great cause..." and proceeded to drop some money into our donation jar!! :D  Then today lots of random things happened...one couple came, didn't buy anything, but asked lots of questions and then said, "Well, hey, I want to pray for you guys.  I want to pray that things will work out, for this baby that you get, and the process in general." I grabbed Steve and all 4 of prayed! How cool is that!!!  Then later today, I gave some left over hot dogs to my neighbor and a water (he's handicap now because of a job injury), and he knows what we are doing...and I gave him the food (just because) and he said, "What do I owe you?" I said, "Oh, no! Nothing! This is just extra, and we aren't going to eat it." He then said, "No, I want to...it's to help bring that baby home...here at least a couple of bucks..." Then he pulled out his money and then proceeded to shove even more into my hand...I tried not to take it but he insisted ...I was completely humbled and said thank you.  Then after we were pretty much done with everything, a couple of older ladies came up and was looking through the remaining things and said, "Why are you just giving this stuff away?" (We had starting putting things out for free, we only had clothes and books left really.) And I said, "Well, we pretty much sold everything and we have slowed down so much, so we thought we'd just give it away." She said, "but it's for your adoption." I said, "I know, but that's ok." Then Steve and I proceeded to help the ladies get their items that they wanted into some bags.  She then handed me some money and said, "For your new baby, and good luck." Then as I was helping the other lady she said, "I already gave some money to your husband. Best wishes to you both." OMG!!!! Really!?!?  I am completely in awe and greatly humbled by how God has provided.  We prayed for God to show up in our garage sale this weekend and in our sale we made $850 combined with sales and the donation jar.  Then with hair cuts and everything thus far, it has brought our total to 1/4 of where we need to be for our agency....we had prayed for this! We wanted to be about 1/4 way of our overall agency fee by the time our orientation with our agency came around...which is on Monday!  God has been amazing and completely blowing our minds!!!

P.S. We have NOTHING left from our garage sale...if it wasn't sold we put free on it...and it's ALL GONE!!! Praise God!!!!



Baby Oldknow...I want you to know how much everyone loves you and is SO looking forward to seeing you.  Daddy and I continue to pray daily for you.  We are looking forward to holding you in our arms and kisses your cheeks very soon.  We love you beyond measure and beyond words!

Hugs and Kisses,
Mommy and Daddy

Comments

  1. I am so very happy and excited for you both! If I could afford it I would help you guys out because I know what a big deal this is. Whatever God's plan is I know that both of you will be amazing, wonderful parents! Love you both so very much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This brought tears to my eyes! <3 I love it! So sweet. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is incredible... Sometimes it is hard to think that there are good people still out there but it is certainly true. Heavenly Father certainly answers prayers too... Glad to hear that you are getting closer to having the adoption fee covered. Looking forward to seeing more of your blogs too... :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fundraising

Surprising News