Final stage of Trimester One

I find myself more and more in awe of God.  This weekend I went to a baby shower, and for the baby shower, I made her a few items...some baby shoes and a couple of headbands.  I then started to think about my shower and what it would be like and to hold the new baby...well when she opened her gift everyone loved her items.  They then realized that I made then and they were asking me more about it...I was then able to hand out about 8 or so business cards! I was excited.

Then today, a co-worker asked me to make her something because she keeps hearing about me being able to make things.  Then after work I had to go to Joann's to pick up some yarn for a customer and as I was looking at the ribbon, I asked another lady her opinion.  Then after showing her what I wanted to make she was impressed and in shock.  I then handed her a card!!  She then told me that she was impressed with our decision to adopt because she said she didn't think she would be able to love someone else's child as much as if she would give birth to their own.  I was shocked by her saying that, but then again I thought, "Wow...I am willing to love a child that I didn't bare and God is allowing us to that!" Then I told her that I guess not everyone is able to do that, but I am one of those.  She smiled and said, "I'm sorry you can't have your own, but thank you for wanting to adopt." Then she walked away.  Wow! What a ministry this journey is becoming I'm beginning to notice!! :)

To top it all off, we are almost to the end of our first trimester of our process.  We are waiting on just a couple of pieces (dog's license and a reference) and then the homestudy will be complete!!!!  We are almost into our 2nd trimester!!! Wow how amazing it is to feel that we are already so far into this journey! Once the paper work is done and ready to go to the courts, then we can start working on getting some grants as well.

Everyday is something new...and everyday I find myself standing in complete awe on how God chooses to work! Please keep praying for us as we get further into this process, but the road seems easy now, but there is a chance for it to get rocky.  Thank you again for all your love and support in our journey, and deciding to join us in this journey! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amazed and Blessed

Fundraising

Surprising News