Happy Father's Day


How many of you enjoy watching your husband play, talk, read, teach, and be silly to your kids? I enjoy every moment and sound that that moment produces. We have struggled for so many years, and longed for those moments and sounds that it just take my breath away now hearing them. Anna's laugh when she plays with her daddy, comes from her toes. Her eyes dance with a huge smile on her face. When her daddy comes home from her, she lights up and just yells "DADDY!" I know he loves to hear her say his name along with the shirks she produces from that little body as they play. He's basically a big kid at heart anyway, so I know he enjoys every minute of it. 


When Anna gets up in the morning, she stands at the top of the stairs and says, "Daddy?" I usually have to tell her, "Awe, baby. I'm sorry, but daddy is at work. You'll see him a little later today though." She is a little sad sometimes when I say that, or sometimes she just repeats "Daddy? Daddy? Daddy?" I have to keep explaining it that she'll see him later. When it gets close to him coming home, or if he has already told me that he is, then I'll say, "Daddy will be home soon!" She gets excited and runs to the window and says "Daddy soon? Daddy soon!" It's adorable. 


There are times when he does get home, and even though she asked for him all day, she'll run away from him. I'm not sure if she's trying to get him to play and chase her, but it's actually pretty funny. Listening to her laugh as he is playing or chasing her just brings pure joy in to my heart. There is nothing more sexy, then seeing him play with her.



We like to go to the library together and pick out new books to read to Anna. While we are there, we usually hit up one of the many parks that is around the library. This last trip was so fun to watch. Anna and Steve were playing and just having so much fun. The way she smiles when he gives her attention is just so big. Even the simplest things, like being pushed on the swing, to going down the slide on his lap is just so fun to watch.


Lately, while we are having dinner, she's been asking to sit on his lap. Sometimes it resorts to mine, but most of the time it's "Sit on Daddy's lap." She's 2 and a half, so who knows if it's just this age of a phase, but I can tell he eats it up! So what if he has to share his food. I know he will go completely without if it means meeting her needs. He's such an amazing dad!


Then there's bath time. I had him start giving her a bath when she was very small to help get more quality time with her. This was because she'd go to bed within a few hours of him coming home from work. Of course, her bed time has extended a bit as she gets older, but we try to keep bath time - their time.


A huge shout out to my amazing husband who does his best to be a great daddy. Watching him teach and train Anna is just so heart warming. He loves spending time with her and Olivia, and I love being the bystander through it all. 

Our heavenly Father has called us to be the best we can possible be, to set examples to those around us, and to be the light that shines bright in the darkness. Parenting is not easy, but to take in the little moments will help ease through the tough times. This is a life lesson for me as well, because I have had some rough days. Those days when I'm alone and dealing with a cranky toddler and a fussy, teething baby are not my favorites. However, this to shall pass and things do get better. 

Let's try to remember to live every moment of every day the best we can, even during those tough days. God is with us, wanting to help us through it all - no matter how big or how small. Steve sets a great example for our family to follow. Men - are you being that example that God has called you to be? Are you making your wife melt when you play with your kids? Are you even playing with them? Are you taking time to spend with them, or are you "to busy" with your games, phone, or whatever else that might be pulling or distracting you? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fundraising

Amazed and Blessed

Surprising News