DYI Laundry Soap

So it's been awhile since I made laundry soap because the way I was making it, I didn't like. I finally decided to try a different recipe and go forth with making it again (it saves so much money in the long run too). These are the products I used.


Yup! That's it! I do want to make note about the bar soap. This is where I stirred away from as I had a hard time finding it. My suggestion is don't do it! If you have to, order Fels-Naptha online. You can purchase it through Amazon if you need to. It is so worth it when you do.

You can purchase the Borax and Super Washing Soda in a combo on Amazon. Click here to view and or purchase it if you would like.

So the first thing you need to do is shave the bar down. This is what mine looked like.

The start of the shaving

End result from the shaving

Once you do that, pour the full bar into a bowl of some sort. I then added 1 cup of each the Borax and Super Washing Soda.



I then mixed it up.


That's it friends. That's all I did. You don't need to melt down the soap or anything. I just put the bowl in my laundry room up on the shelf and put a 1 tablespoon in it. I use 2 tablespoons for each of my loads (mainly because I have a 2 year that loves to get dirty). Adjust the amounts to what your needs are for the clothes. The more soiled you will want to use a bit more. For less soiled clothes, use less. Try just a tablespoon on averaged, soiled clothes and see how that works for you.

This project was a bit time consuming with the shaving of the soap. Once it was shaved though, super easy to do. Since I have not made it this way before, I am unsure when it will last me. I did do 3 loads of laundry so far with it today, so we will see when I will need to make more.

You can purchase all these items on Amazon for around $20, but they will last you for several months. Depending on stores around you, you might not be able to find all the ingredients. When we lived in Arizona, I had a hard time finding the bar soap and that's why I went to different kinds. Trust me when I say that that was not a good idea! It left a film on our clothes, and just made them feel gross. So far the clothes I washed feel great and smell good too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amazed and Blessed

Fundraising

Surprising News