Our Match Meeting

I have had a few people ask us about our match meeting...so I figured I'd just write about it for all to read. :)

Ok...so I had to go ALL FREAKIN' WEEK knowing that we were meeting with a birth mom on Friday. What in the world was I going to do for a week to keep my mind occupied!?!?!?  Oh man, Thursday morning came and I was so nervous, and it wasn't even the day of the meeting!!!  Lunch I had a hard time eating just because of the nerves.

It's finally Friday...the day of the match meeting. I guess I ended up being eager beaver because we were there 30 minutes early! I thought it was at 9am, but it was at 9:30am...oh geez...oh well...better early than late right!?

During the time I was sitting and thinking about how crazy this was that we were actually at this place...meeting a birth mom...a flood of emotion came over me...I started to cry but tried hard not to so my makeup wouldn't run...wouldn't look to good with 2 black eyes, right!? LOL

Well birth mom came and we hugged and then sat down...that awkward first date for sure!! LOL  Then our case worker asked how she was doing and that and she just answered nervous...after she said that I told her about how I was so nervous and that I was feeling it the day before...from there we just continued talking.  She said that I had the same favorite colors as her (I have 3) and how her boyfriend said she couldn't have 3 and she said yes...then Steve chimed in and said, "Just depends on your mood that day!" haha Then Steve asked what other things stood out and she said a lot, but then started talking about the dog's page.  

*Side note about the dog's page of our profile book.  We were being told that all the birth moms that were looking at our profile commented about our dog's page.  Our social worker just suggested that we make them "less highlighted".  At first I told her I didn't want to because that is who we are...that a birth mom would find us and like us for who we are...then after awhile, I started talking to Steve more about the page and possibly going back to our original style which was where the dogs were on the family page...nothing to special about it.  After talking to our social worker about it, she said just wait until after the birth mom looked at it on Monday (which wasn't the birth mom that we were matched with btw)...so I said, "Ok!" That Monday came and she called and said that we weren't shown to that birth mom after all but shown to a different birth mom, and she chose us...

So the story continues...She said that she was confused at first and asked if we had kids.  The social worker responded no, and then she was like, oh that's cool...if they treat the dogs like that, then I know they will take very good care of a baby!!! OMG!!! God totally heard my heart and took that in consideration!!! Of all the things she could have talked about...she talked about that very page I was debating about changing but didn't really want to!!!! 

The conversation just went from there...the social workers pretty much just sat there, they didn't really have to say anything which was nice! We clicked like 2 perfect puzzle pieces! :)  Then the more we were talking she then brought up how I would feel with going to the doctor appointments and ultra sounds...and how about delivery?  OMG! God does know how to answer prayers because I said nothing to anyone about this (except Steve) about how I would love to be apart of the pregnancy.  I'm so happy that she was wanting that because that was one thing I was deeply praying about!!! :D

We are very excited to be the parents we have longed to be for 9 long years!!! We are blessed to have our prayers answered in so many ways...now we just wait...will it be pink or blue???



Comments

  1. I am so excited for you all. God knows our hearts and he brought you the match to yours. I will pray for sll of you for peace and an uneventful pregnancy. And a healthy baby!!!!!! Can't wait to hear and see all the amazing chapter that is about to be written.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. This so made me cry! Happy tears though :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Amazed and Blessed

Fundraising

Surprising News